Hive single channel receiver to ideal logic combi 24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can some one advise me on how to connect a hive single channel receiver to an ideal logic combi 24 boiler?

Sponsored Links
This is the current thermostat i am using

Attachments

• 20190213_153250.jpg
    20190213_153250.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 542
you are mistaken of how the hive works , the receiver gets wired into the boiler and usually is mounted next to the boiler then those two wires are also connected into the receiver, the thermostat that goes there (or any where else) is battery powered and doesnt have any cables

You need professional installation by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer on an Ideal Logic, as the front case of the boiler needs to be removed. This should only be done by a GSR who can carry out the required gas safety checks on completion

Sponsored Links
You don't give the make / model of your thermostat, but if I had to guess I would say it's a Honeywell CM707

If so, the wires presently in A & B are the switching wires and would go to the Hive single channel receiver terminals (1) Common, and (3) heating on. It doesn't matter which way around they go.

Your present thermostat is battery operated, but the Hive receiver is mains powered, so needs a 230V supply. As Muggles has said, you shouldn't open up the boiler casing, but instead you can connect the Hive (N) & (L) directly to the N & L 'load' terminals of the 3A fused spur that supplies the boiler, thus avoiding opening up the boiler casing.

Ianmcd is right about the positioning, but you could move the cable to have the receiver in a different location if you wish, and then the Hive Thermostat could be located where the existing one is.

Last edited:
Thanks every one for the replies, Stem that thermostat is a cm907 and i thought those two wires that are there are live and neutral? Where the hive will get its power from

the thermostat is a cm907
That's OK the wiring is the same.

I thought those two wires that are there are live and neutral
No, they are switching wires. Don't assume they are L and N from their colours. When the CM907 switches the heating 'on' the two wires in A & B are electrically connected together inside the thermostat (it's just a simple on/off switch) and you would never connect a live and neutral together.......BANG!! :eek:

Where the hive will get its power from
The Hive Thermostat is battery powered, and I made a suggestion already as to how to get 230V supply for the Hive Receiver.
you can connect the Hive (N) & (L) directly to the N & L 'load' terminals of the 3A fused spur that supplies the boiler,
If you don't understand that you should really be getting a professional to install it for you.

Stem thanks for your reply, one question; can the 230v supply come off the boiler?

I'm a not an RGI, but I've never seen a boiler that requires opening up a room sealed part of the boiler to top up the pressure. However, there are now quite a few (yours being one of them) that have their wiring terminals located inside the room sealed part.

Can some one advise me on how to connect a hive single channel receiver to an ideal logic combi 24 boiler?
This site offers a search facility,your question has been asked for many years or even more but i recommend searching for the most up to date (2019) information. relying on archived diy information that suits your issue is very naughty.

why not get it installed professionally,its a pop in job for a rgi but be carefull of anyone offering to install it for £84 in London.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back