Changing thermostat + pump wires over to Hive Connector Plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a HIVE thermostat 'single channel' and I allocated today to change my existing thermostat over. I have taken cover off and I can see that the boiler pump is wired on to it also. Which complicates things a little. Can someone tell me where L1 and LX goes on the HIVE connection plate?

Existing Information:

Thermostat - BOSS THERM BPS242RF
Boiler - Ideal LOGIC COMBI 24
Ideal Pump - 159991

20200215_113818.jpg
20200215_113839.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you just are exchanging the old thermostat for the new one, just move the wires from the old thermostat receiver to the terminals at the Hive Single Channel receiver that have exactly the same function. Leave all the other wires including the condensate pump connected exactly as they are.

Wire now in N to Hive N
Wire now in L to Hive L
Wire now in L1 to Hive 'Heating ON'
Wire now in Lx to Hive 'Common'

Where green/yellow wires that are usually used as earth wires are used as live conductors, they should have a brown sleeve over them to show that they are being used as live conductors.

If you just are exchanging the old thermostat for the new one, just move the wires from the old thermostat receiver to the terminals at the Hive Single Channel receiver that have exactly the same function. Leave all the other wires including the condensate pump connected exactly as they are.

Wire now in N to Hive N
Wire now in L to Hive L

Where green/yellow wires that are usually used as earth wires are used as live conductors, they should have a brown sleeve over them to show that they are being used as live conductors.

Thanks for the clear info Stem. I have brown sleeve in the garage I will swap it over.

Wire now in N to Hive N
Wire now in L to Hive L

All swapped over now and working a treat thank you.

Sponsored Links

Wire now in N to Hive N
Wire now in L to Hive L

STEM - I've been giving it some thought and I want to buy you a drink. If you send your PayPal address I will treat you to a bottle of wine or a couple of beers.

That's very kind of you. I was glad to be of assistance, but to be honest it only took me a few minutes to reply to your post.

Normally if someone wants to thank me, I ask them to send a donation to 'Maggies' a cancer support charity instead, but I'll leave it with you. No need to let me know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back