Siemens RCR10 to Hive Active Heating wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've purchased a Hive active heating, with hub and need to just get someone to double check my research into the wiring.

I have a Siemens remote thermostat (RCR10/433-GB) which is on its last legs which is wired as below to a Baxi Duo Tec Combi, theres a separately wired in underfloor heating in the extension but this has a separate thermostat that works fine and does the job:

IMG_1418.jpg

Before my Hive arrives and I start taking the existing bits off I just wanted to check my working:

N to N on Hive (obviously)
L to L on Hive (obviously)

L1 to Heating ON on Hive
LX to Common on Hive

Does the Earth need to be connected on the Hive as the Siemens did not require an Earth.

There is no bridge between Live and LX here so I presume I won't need to do that on the Hive.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
N to N on Hive (obviously)
L to L on Hive (obviously)

L1 to Heating ON on Hive
LX to Common on Hive

Yes

Does the Earth need to be connected on the Hive as the Siemens did not require an Earth.
The Hive receiver is also double insulated and does not require an earth connection. There is a tether provided for you to park the earth wire in so that it's safely out of the way.

aa.png

There is no bridge between Live and LX here so I presume I won't need to do that on the Hive.
Correct. Do not add a link if there isn't one now. Some boilers use 24v for their control circuit, if yours does and you make the link, you will be connecting 230V to 24v circuitry. The result will not be good.

@stem has said it all, easy enough to fit the Hive wall thermostat. The Hive wall thermostat also has think it is called a "demand for heat" where other items can be set up to switch on the boiler through Hive, normally TRV heads, if of course the Hive TRV is used, not sure if this can be used to switch on boiler for the under floor heating, may be worth looking in to?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back