Logic Ideal Combi c30 - Hive Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT: Got the answers I was needing from someone in the group. Thanks guys!

Hi guys.

A question that’s been asked loads but I can’t figure out. Trying to install Hive thermostat to Logic Ideal c30 Combi. This is a pic of my current thermostat receiver (Honeywell/Center).

Can some tell me what wire goes where from this to the Hive Receiver? I’ve watched videos and read up loads but everyone’s systems seem to be different.

Cheers

Attachments

• B0D7714E-FAD4-47BE-AB96-792C163E32E8.jpeg
    B0D7714E-FAD4-47BE-AB96-792C163E32E8.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I’ve watched videos and read up loads but everyone’s systems seem to be different.
A lot of the Hive questions asked on here are very similar to yours! :)

Assuming you have a single channel Hive:

1675114667625.png

Connect:
N to 'N'
L to 'L'

Add a link wire from 'L' to '1' (Common)

And the green/yellow wire in 'B' on your current 'stat is a switched live - not an earth wire. It needs to be marked with some brown sleeving and will connect to '3' (Heating on (NO)) on the Hive.

Does that make sense?

The length of bare wire could also be tidied up a bit with your new 'stat. That neutral and live are a bit close together for my liking!

EDIT:
Just saw the OPs edit - it took me more than four minutes to write my reply! :LOL:

Last edited:
A shame to be attaching a crappy on-off Hive to an OpenTherm-capable boiler. Be better off with a Nest, or any of the other OpenTherm stats

Sponsored Links
A shame to be attaching a crappy on-off Hive to an OpenTherm-capable boiler. Be better off with a Nest, or any of the other OpenTherm stats
Yes, agree.
But, it is a nice straightforward swap for a DIY'er, without disturbing the room sealing.

Interesting opinion, hive links to TRV's but no ebus connection option, and Nest has ebus connection but no link to TRV option, both seem rather lacking.

Which is worst will depend on the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back