Ideal C30 no wireless controller + hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm new here and while I have some DIY experience with electrics and plumbing*, I have very little with boilers and heating.

I have an Ideal Independent C30 combi boiler which is currently controlled by 1x honeywell Thermostat attached to the wall.

It does not have a wireless Thermostat controller. It's a relatively new install and didn't come with one.

Looking online, it appears if my combi had a wireless Thermostat then all I'd need to do is disconnect the receiver from the boiler, connect the hive one, then remove/decommission the existing honeywell and hey presto.

However this is not the case.

Would I be right in assuming I'd then need to connect the hive receiver directly to the boiler and then decommission the existing honeywell?

If so, anybody know if that's even possible with this specific boiler?

Could be really really stupid question and I know, if I'm not comfortable I should get pro install but worth asking here ☺

TIA

*I replace/upgrade my own plug and light sockets and wire my own extension cords, fit my own washer dishwasher and stuff like that pretty basic stuff.

Sponsored Links
If so, anybody know if that's even possible with this specific boiler?
Yes perfectly possible, have a look at Nest E thermostats, that would just replace your existing thermostat, would be the easiest to install but you can use hive if you want but will mean altering/adding wiring depending which honeywell thermostat you have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back