Wiring a 2nd Heating Zone for Salus IT500 and IT300

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just had a Ideal Logic C30 Combi Boiler installed. The plumber did not reconnect my underfloor heating system though and has now disappeared.

I have bought the IT300 sensor as Salus information says this is needed for the 2nd Zone but need a full wiring diagram to install the following:

2x Zone Valves (one for the house central Heating & one for the Underfloor heating system) These zone valves have 5 wires each. L,N,E and 2x control wires.

1x Pump (underfloor heating) Has L,N,E, wires.

I have attached the only wiring diagram I can find from Salus showing 2 Zones:
2021-06-25 (3).png
WP_20210605_007.jpg

My current configuration looks like Option A - 1 Zone volt free and I need Option C - 2 Zone volt free. What confuses me with option C diagram is that there is no Neutral running to the 2x Zone valves??? Then there is also no underfloor heating pump in this diagram.

So I have drawn this. Is it correct??? I would:
1) jumper the IT500 unit as shown in Diagram C.
2) Wire neutral to both zone valves and pump
3) wire earth to both zone valves and pump
4) wire the zone valve LIVE wire to it's applicable connection on the IT500 NO CH & NO AUX
5) wire the PUMP LIVE wire to the IT500 NO AUX so it turn on at the same time as it's zone valve
6) connect both zone valves orange and grey control wires together and join them to the grey and black wire that runs to the boiler from the IT500 (obviously they have been disconnected from the IT500 first when doing the new jumpering configuration)

Wiring.png

Is this correct? Surely the zone valves need Neutral as well or they won't turn on?

Thanks for any advice in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back