Salus IT500 to Drayon Wiser wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I recently purchased a Drayton Wiser multi-zone kit to replace an existing Salus IT500 system (This was installed in the property before we moved in).

I have attached the current wiring for the Salus system, the left white cable is from the isolator switch and the right white cable goes to the boiler.

Can anybody assist with the wiring to the Drayton Wiser system?

I'm wiring to a single zone heating system with a combi boiler (Ideal vogue C40 max) - This is the One Channel part of the wiring diagram.
1671394771688.png

1671394792856.png

Sponsored Links
Power off/isolate
Pretty much identical to what you have

L to L
N to N
COM will need a link to L (as you already have one on the Salus your boiler must need mains switched)
NO to 3 on Wiser (grey wire)

Would make sense to put 2 browns in L and 2 in COM (as the Salus is currently) to avoid trying to fit 3 wires into L

Wiser backplate has a terminal at the bottom for your earths.

you said "I recently purchased a Drayton Wiser multi-zone kit" but indicate "I'm wiring to a single zone heating system with a combi boiler".

Can you confirm which kit you purchased as the wiring requirements for the 1-channel Wiser differ to the multi-channel versions. The details above from mcprinter apply to the single channel Wiser only. Or when you said multi-zone was that meant to be a single channel Wiser in conjunction with smart TRV's.

Last edited:
you said "I recently purchased a Drayton Wiser multi-zone kit" but indicate "I'm wiring to a single zone heating system with a combi boiler".

Can you confirm which kit you purchased as the wiring requirements for the 1-channel Wiser differ to the multi-channel versions. The details above from mcprinter apply to the single channel Wiser only. Or when you said multi-zone was that meant to be a single channel Wiser in conjunction with smart TRV's.

Hello, yes, sorry, just to clarify.

The product is called a Wiser multi-zone kit 1. It only has a single channel (I think this is what determines the wiring?).

The multizone bit is due to the TRVs that can be used in conjunction with it :).

Sponsored Links
Better to be safe than sorry. Seems like you are good to go.

Thanks for the input, really appreciate it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back