Replacing Salus IT500 with Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, first time poster although have used the forum loads in the past (thanks :)).

Wonder if anyone could help me please? - currently have a Sales It500 and the app is becoming more and more annoying so planning on changing it to a new Nest for our current Combi Boiler (Logic + Combi C35).

Have attached pictures and the relevant wiring diagrams. Would anyone be able to confirm my thinking?

(from L-R)
Current COM - 2 Nest (COM)
Current NO -> 3 Nest (NO)
Current L wires -> L Nest (+ bridge to 2 - COM)
Current Neutral wires -> N Nest

The Nest thermostat itself will need to be in another room so will just be using the USB and stand.

Any help hugely appreciated!

Attachments

• Current Wiring.JPG
    Current Wiring.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Current WIring Diagram.png
    Current WIring Diagram.png
    690.1 KB · Views: 137
  • New Nest Wiring.png
    New Nest Wiring.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Nest Diagram 2.png
    Nest Diagram 2.png
    200 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
To add confusion there seems to be 3 cables into the back of the Salus controller. Any help appreciated :)

Attachments

• 40C022E2-C1F0-40BD-9DAE-B99873F319F6.jpeg
    40C022E2-C1F0-40BD-9DAE-B99873F319F6.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 79
Could that extra Cable be the L+N+E Supply to the Boiler?
Looks like it connects directly to the Mains Feed to the Stat Receiver.

Sponsored Links
Could that extra Cable be the L+N+E Supply to the Boiler?
Looks like it connects directly to the Mains Feed to the Stat Receiver.
Thank you - couldn't work it out ( does seem to have L+N) written on it and does seem to be connected to the L +N terminals. Have always been ok in wiring in new timers etc but the extra wire was throwing me. Think its ok to just go with the wiring my original post?

Thank you - couldn't work it out ( does seem to have L+N) written on it and does seem to be connected to the L +N terminals. Have always been ok in wiring in new timers etc but the extra wire was throwing me. Think its ok to just go with the wiring my original post?

I am not a Plumber/Heating Eng.
Have done Stats, etc at Home and fix Electronic Kit for a living.
CBW has confirmed your wiring should be OK.

Was just thinking logically. It must be a supply to something!
You could (safely) disconnect the Far Left Red and see what happens with the Boiler.

As long as it works now, and all wires needed are transferred, then it should work on the Nest.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back