Multi zone, valve and pump wiring

Sponsored Links
Might be an idea to use a label.
Why didn’t you include the pump in your mock up?
I take it the boiler utilises 240v for external controls?

I know the boiler cfh expected 230v
I took that to mean the boiler is using 230V for control. :confused:

I've modified my diagram to show it with Heat links. I was quite proud of it until I saw Dan's :notworthy:

Drawing1 Model (1).jpg

OP don't wire it up like this though if your boiler utilises 24v for its external controls.

Sponsored Links
You’re quite right. Everything is 230v.

I originally didn’t want to mess with the original wiring back to the boiler in case I wanted to return it to how it was.

What I have to work with at the moment is a cable that originally came from the pump attached to the ufh.

The cable was 4 core. One 230v live and a neutral which powered the heat link.
One switched live which I believe came from the pump, and the cfh wire returning to the boiler.
I say switched live but I think the switching was actually taking place after it left the pump via the heat link before returning to the boiler.

As you can guess, that was the circuit I was originally extending. As expected, the ufh hearing also fires up every time the radiators activated, but that’s no big deal, actually helpful in most cases.

Probably I should at some point go back to the boiler wiring point and start fresh.

Thanks for the diagram. That’ll be a great help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back