Ideal Isar boiler - CH not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This is my first post and I apologise now for my ignorance in such matters. I am not technical in the slightest.

I have a combi Ideal Isar boiler. (Gas). The HW is working fine. But the CH is not working correctly.

The blue boiler light on the LED keeps flashing. But I don't know what that actually means. I haven't done anything differently to normal but I have turned my thermostat right up to 30c but that didn't make any difference.

I have tried switching it off and on again and it all restarts fine and the CH starts to warm up briefly but then it starts to cool down and light goes back to flashing.

I would very much any help or suggestions you can give.

Sponsored Links
The blue boiler light on the LED keeps flashing.

What other symbol do you have on the display?
Is it a 'd' or a 'c'?
If it is a 'd' and you have the programmer and room thermostat calling for heat, it's either a dripping hot tap or a leak on the hot supply somewhere.
If it is a 'c', it could be the diverter valve sticking etc.

I just found a tap dripping in the bathroom. Switched off and on again and the CH is coming back on. Thanks a lot :D

Sponsored Links
Had the same symptom with a d on the boiler and HW was fine but no CH. Read your comment and looked round the house and spotted that my todler daughter must have been in downstairs toilet and left a tap trickling. Excellent thread - thanks gasman28.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back