Ideal Isar ( Evo 30 HE )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got called out to the above today. Making a strange noise when switching back to heating after hot water. Sounds like a Knock coming from around the hydraulic section. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
DV, very common on these. How old is it? Evo had a 3 year warranty from Ideal via Plumb Center.

Im not sure on the age. Customers no paperwork. When you say diverter are we talking about the internals or actuator or both. Are these boilers the worst thing ever? The amount of alli in the bottom of the boiler and condense trap was huge! Is this also common?

As far as I am aware it is caused by the internals.

The answer to your other questions is a resounding yes to all :mad:

Sponsored Links
I have been waiting for a diverter for one of these for a week, first Ideal said they used 3 different types so could i supply serial number, when i did this they then contacted me asking if it had a red or grey actuator, told them red, then they said that serial number didnt have red actuators, well i said this one does, so they have now said they will contact me tomorrow, bloody Ideal they are from from it.

Just been looking on ebay. Found someone who lives locally selling heating spares. £30 quid for the diverter cartridge. Not bad if its the right one.

Why are Warm front installing these garbage? Is it a plan for the future to have an ongoing boiler replacement and repair scheme. From the amount of metal in the trap and under the exchanger i would be surprised if these things last 8 years.

Because Ideal own them and they get great discounts, why else would anyone fit this rubbish :eek: :LOL:

Drain combi remove plunger diverter valve clean grease refit normally sorted, if not most good spares stockist hold in stock.

The CP diverter (red with grey valve head) is the noisy one, will just occur again.

Ultimate fix is to get the whole left hand hydraulic block and complete diverter valve with head for the wilo which has the rectangular honeywell motorised head.

That lot will cost money.

Took me 1 3/4 hrs to do the conversion but Ideal boys do it in 3/4 hr I think.

not what I would class as a very hard job, just slightly difficult. It does solve the problem once and for all.

i did it for Bg and I think they get the parts from Ideal under warrantie.

You will either\have to write a stinking letter to them for designing such rubbish and threaten them with consumer programs or pay the money.

3A1J609IDEAL ISAR BODY+ACTUAT 132.02 ex vat from partcenter.

The above part is the newest one with honeywell actuator. fits all isar and evo combis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back