IDEAL ISAR HE 35

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,
CAN ANYBODY HELP.
I'VE JUST REPLACED THE DIVERTER VALVE, ON A IDEAL ISAR HE 35 ,FILLED THE SYSTEM AND TURNED IT ON.
TURNED THE DHW ON AND IT RAN FOR A SHORT TIME THEN THE BURNER TURNED OFF THEN RELIT THEN OFF THEN ON.
AFTER ABOUT 5 OR 6 TIMES THE BOILER STOPPED AND THE BURNER LIGHT STAYED ON AND ONE HORIZONTAL LINE ON THE DISPLAY, BUT THE BOILER WAS NOT RUNNING.
ANY IDEAS.
CHEERS
ALAN.

Sponsored Links
Turn your caps lock off first of all ;)

A single horizontal line on the display usually indicates a faulty pcb.

Did you spill any water on it whilst replacing the DV?

Hi,
I didn't get any water on the pcb, was extra carefull to avoid even more problems.
Cheers
Alan.

lots of threads here about your boiler.
has the aav dripped water on to electrics,even a drop of sweat from your forehead will destroy the pcb,sorry.

Sponsored Links
the purple com lead has corrosion on it or it isn't connected properly

Beat me to it Idealnumber1 - everyones quick to blame the board...
I think the fault is "- . " if I remember right...... communication between the board and pcb is corrupt/......

Hi,
I've cleaned the purple cable connections and the connections on the display unit, both needed it.
I turned the boiler on but no change, still 1 horizontal line and the burner light on but no action from the boiler.
Cheers
Alan.

Ideal tech always tell you that the '-' is a duff pcb. Who do we believe then?

Just been on their fault finding course and was told the ".-" means bad communication between board and user control..... Ideal.... yeah right :rolleyes: [/quote]

That is the problem, I don't want to buy bits try them then have to buy more bits cuz i've got it wrong, bloody boilers.
Cheers
Alan.

I would have advised you to get Ideal in on a fixed price repair for £210.

This would have covered everything ;)

are you 100% certain the purple wire is connected properly? each end has a little bit of plastic on the connection and the board/user controls connection has a slot on it for the two to connect proplerly.... if it goes on back to front then you get this error..
also as mentioned, even the SLIGHTEST bit of moisture buggers these boards....
Tip for you tho.... check your house has no more than 6v on the neutral with a multimeter, if it does, save up to keep buying pcb's!!!

Hi,
I think I will replace the control panel and purple wire, then if not sorted change the pcb.
I have taken boiler cover out with b/gas but breakdown cover wont start for 3 more weeks. Bugger.
Cheers,
Alan.

i would of took eaga's cover instead of bg if you don't like ideal,but you probably just need a new com lead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back