ideal isar he30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler and CH installed 5 years ago, nothing but trouble.
Have contract with installer but engineer never here more than 10 min for "service" and only removes front panel.
Only had luke warm water for a year until I diagnosed and insisted the heat exchanger was replaced after seemingly random guesses and replacement parts.
Now we lose pressure, seems to happen when CH switched on, ok if hot water run and as long as CH not turned off and on again holds the pressure after initial loss.
The engineer has not looked at the boiler although I identified two points of moisture from pipes/ casing - he dissmissed this. Leak seal has been injected for second time and pressure was 2.5 bar now 1.5 bar after 24 hours. How long until leak seal works if it is going to please?
Also now sounds like air/ debris in pipes/ boiler when it starts up.
Any suggestions welcome please I have a year on my contract and want this fixed properly.

Sponsored Links
Shut off the heating flow and return valves under the boiler and leave boiler switched off overnight. If the systems leaking the pressure will remain stable, if the boilers leaking th pressure will continue to drop.

Has the relief pipe outside been checked for water drip? If this is dry i wouldnt be surprised if the heat exchanger was leaking.

on a service your engineer should fully strip burner out on this boiler to check combustion insulation, otherwise you will become aware if it has failed when it has burnt a hole through the heat exchanger, on a more positive note get him to check the expansion vessel during his service! - might save u alot of time looking for that leak!

Have been told by service enginer I need a new expansion vessel for my Ideal Isar HE30 and it has to be fitted externally.
Can someone please tell me if this is true?
Have been told they can't get and fit replacement inside boiler.
I don't want a large red thing in my kitchen.

Sponsored Links
that tosser is talking bullshite i change them all the time blr has to come off the wall should not take more than an hour an a half. easy job mind.

labour cost no more then £100 plus parts. ;)

Theres no way on earth an Isar can be serviced in 10 mins.

Cancel your contract and get someone in who does a proper job.

Yeah the expansion vessel can be taken out and a new one fitted in the boiler but the boiler needs to come off the wall for this. I've had to do this before found it a pain in the a*se but very "do-able" the plumber just does'nt want the hassel of taking the boiler off incase he disturbs something else.
the earlier quote about shutting off the flow and return is a good idea i use aswell. thank that man! :LOL:

HAS YOUR ENGINEER RECHARGED THE VESSEL TO 1BAR TO MAKE certain THIS IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM?
IF SO AND THE VESSEL IS FAULTY IT CAN BE REPLACED BY REMOVING THE BOILER OR A secondary EXPANSION VESSEL CAN BE FITTED TO THE SYSTEM.

Thank you everyone for your unbiased opinions.
Your help has been greatly appreciated.
Can any one tell me please if an expansion vessel can be fitted to the radiator pipes under the floor (latest sugestion) and whether it is better to have the internal expansion vessel replaced or to fit an external? Have been told an external will last longer.
If I do get a new boiler which is best please? I am looking at the bosch worcester greenstar 30cdi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back