Ideal ISAR HE30 Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had an Ideal Isar HE30 boiler installed for 4 months. The diverter valve in the boiler causes huge water hammer every time it switches between CH and DHW, when the CH is running. I, being an engineer, have investigated and found the flow of water thro' the valve pulls the valve shut prematurely causing the water hammer. The valve set is the 'CP' type.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Sponsored Links
yes loads of times

i spect you have the rubbish diverter valve assembly not the honeywell one

get on to ideal and they will change over under warrantee, they will want to see the bench mark and chances are they will check the CH water so I hope your installer flushed the system correctly ;)

corgiman said:
yes loads of times

i spect you have the rubbish diverter valve assembly not the honeywell one

get on to ideal and they will change over under warrantee, they will want to see the bench mark and chances are they will check the CH water so I hope your installer flushed the system correctly ;)

Hi Corgiman,

Thanks for replying...

Bench what! I don't have any bench marks. Bad news I guess?

I think the diverter valve is the Honeywell one, well the actuator is. They describe it as the CP water set. Any ideas?

The waters been changed so many times due to various alteratrions to the system you can drink the dam water!

The pumps crap as well, sounds like the impeller is coming off.

This boiler is only 4 months old!!!!!

The bench mark is a document that the installer should have left with you. It has important information on how the boiler performed from new and that it did so within manufacturers specifications. It would have flow rates, gas rates,and more importantly his name and corgi number. If you`ve not got it you should ring your installer and ask where it is. As for the water in the system, the engineer who comes might test the water in the system and wave your guarantee for lack of inhibitor.

Sponsored Links
If installers stopped installing this junk Ideal would cease to trade; couldn't happen sooner.

They still print the same old c**p in the trade press.

And keep your fingers crossed that the pcb packs in while it`s still under warranty! If it`s one of the earlier pcbs it`s gonna pack in soon if you`ve had it 4 months. That might be a record :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back