Ideal Isar overpressure leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again guys. When refilling the CH system having added inhibitor, I 'inadvertantly' allowed the system to overpressure, and the gauge went to full scale. Instead of the PRV opening, water leaked from somewhere at the back of the boiler cascading down the wall. The PRV discharge pipe is connected correctly, this happened late last night at an empty property, and I will check the PRV manually tomorrow.
I have come across these stuck slightly open before, but not heard of them sticking closed. More importantly, where would the leak have been most likely from? Once the the pressure was reduced the boiler ran OK with no leaks, I then shut it down.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tom, the water appeared in rivulets down the wall underneath from the back of the boiler, apparently across the whole width. Presumably it was spraying out backwards. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Yes , I suppose re-reading my OP they may think that. However as I posted elsewhere, this boiler has been fitted by a gas-safe engineer, and I am merely flushing and refilling the CH system. Surely not a job only to be undertaken by qualified plumbers?
However IF that is the reason for the absence of replies, my only feeling is, how sad that the helpful attitude that used to exist on this forum no longer does so. :( :( :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back