Ideal istor - original version 2006

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have an issue with this and am wondering if the control unit is correctly setup.

The boiler displays '5' briefly which switched on at the front.

From reading the setup notes for the primary control it says it should display either '1.5' or '6'

Over the years it has had many parts I'm now on the third primary control unit (orange one)

The reason for the question is this is a boiler with a tank. When running water I am getting a 'd' symbol which persists for maybe 20 minutes after the water is switched off. If enough is drawn off to cool the tank it then switches to 't' and heats the tank. The net result is that if someone has a shower the CH is offline for 45 minutes!

None of the user instructions for the boiler even mention 'd' being displayed at any stage.

Anyone with knowledge of how these boilers should work?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, yep figured that hence asking. I took the plunge and changed it (shows '6' now on switch on) and all seems fine, no 'd' anymore just switches between 'ch' and 't'. Tank recovery also much quicker. It's been like that since Ideal changed the original primary controller 7 years ago!

It's on contract with Corgi who got Ideal in this time - just had new heat exchanger and motorised valve so should eek a couple more winters out of it. It is a dog but the tank and immersion is useful when it breaks, and let's face all makes do from time to time, this one just a lot more frequently than most.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back