Ideal Istor, again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first time posting here and I apologise if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything with my circumstances.
I have an Ideal Istor which has again stopped working, I know they are rubbish and am looking at replacing, but I just need it to give hot water for a short while until I can replace it.
I've had problems with the boiler before and had Ideal out who replaced the thermistor and PCB. This time the hot water has gone off. The CH was off anyway due to the weather, but now I have no hot water. A code came up on the display of 3 horizontal lines above each other. When I tried to reset I had a code of L9, which is overheating. Nothing would happen to the boiler, it wouldn't attempt to fire. The boiler is now stone cold and still will not fire or heat water or reset. The fault code has cleared and is now showing 0. Ideal insist (on the phone) that it is not a fault with the boiler as there is no fault code showing. I have pressure in the system and have it set to on demand for heating and water.
Can anyone help? I just have no clue what the problem can be.

p.s. Might be worth noting that the timer control is now showing EEE, which it wasn't doing before.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back