Istor H5 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an ideal standard istor He . It needs servicing due to a loud bang and rattle that happens when the burners have been on a while. Now though- may be connected, it's showing H5 for the error code. This can be cleared by turning it offf for a while.
H5 is : jumper links not inserted to control board. I have had a look but can't see any thing loose or unplugged. Does anyone know where these jumpers are?

Thanks
Baz

Sponsored Links
Top right hand corner of the pcb as you look at it in your hand.

They could have worked loose a bit. I've had this very same thing before as well.

Try turning tap on for 10 mins when heating is on. If it bangs and rattles during the changeover from heat to hw this is the coils in the cylinder rattling as motorised valve changes as pump on return pushes ball back against valve internally.
H5 is defo jumper links in wrong position but could be faulty pcb or user control nought to do with noise

Sponsored Links
H5 points to jumper issue, I suppose its easy for people with big hands like me to think they are in position whereas they infact are not!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back