Ideal Logic Combi C30 radiator temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 2 year old Ideal Logic Combi C30 boiler and have recently started to have some trouble with it. I live in an early 20th century 2 bedroom terraced house.

When I want the radiators on, they do not reach the target temperature. For example, I have it set to 'E' (eco mode), which should bring the radiator temperature to 68 degrees, but the boiler will only raise the temperature to 48 degrees and no higher.

I have had two engineers visit from Ideal. The first engineer was not too sure what the issue was and the second engineer has replaced the circuit board as he felt that this might be the issue. Both engineers said the boiler was in good condition and there was no obvious problem with it.

The only solution so far has been to turn it on and off at the fuse switch. After a hard restart, this will then bring the radiator temperature to the correct target temperature. However, this is only a temporary fix becuase if you want to have the heating on the following day then it will not go above 48 degrees again.

It is annoying because I have not had an issue with the boiler for the last 2 years and it has been great, it has suddenly started playing up...

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, my room thermostat is the 'Ideal 212862 Touch Heat & System RF Programmable Room Thermostat' .

I do not have weather compensation installed.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The touch has built in opentherm and will reduce the boiler flow temperature if the set temp and actual temp is not that far apart. it may be faulty so might be better replacing it under warranty.
for example if you have 20deg set and actual temp us 18 it will bring rads on at reduced temp so it doesn’t overshoot. if you have set to 25 and only 18 actual then it will bring on at higher flow temp.
but it may be faulty and need replaced. Surprised the ideal engineers missed this

Sponsored Links
Ps you have contradicted yourself as you say you have a combi but then say you have a touch heat and system?? if you gave the touch heat then it can also be an issue with wiring incorrect with instal.

Hi, thank you for the detailed reply. I understand what you mean regarding the overshoot, however, it will not reach the target temperature whatever you set it to on the dial currently.

I do not mean to contradict myself! But yes, I have a combi boiler and the touch dial (the thing you adjust / set the temperature with). This issue has started in the last month, before this I did not have any problems, the wiring must have been done correctly during installation or there might have been problems with it much sooner?

I have a third appointment now scheduled with an engineer and will try my best to explain the issue to them. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back