Ideal Logic+ losing water pressure. Increasingly often.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My Ideal logic loses heating water pressure. It started with needing 7 day between toping up pressure. Then it went to 3 days, now it is 32 hours.

What I've checked:
All radiators and piping above the floor - no leaks.
PRV pipe outwide with a plastic bag tied to it for a week - no leaks.

What I havent checked:
Under the house pipings - it is ground floor with 50 cm clearance to the ground, but there is no access.
Condensate pipe - is is coverred behind some furniture and I dont have access. Is there a way to check it in the boiler?

What might be the problem? I have read a few threads and possible options are main heat exchanger and expanson vessel. How can I test those?

Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel usually if the pressure rises when heating on. Try isolating the flow and return valves overnight, if it drops with them closed - boiler, so possible heat exchanger leak. If it maintains pressure, but drops when you open the valves it’s on the heating circuit.

If it's an older model then they're notorious for failed heat exchangers. There is a simple way to diagnose it but it requires removing the front cover, which should only be removed by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back