Unvented Systen losing Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here again..
Boiler Ideal Minimiser SE with megalflo Water Heater. System as been losing pressure, ever since the pump was changed early December.
Local engineer changed pump (grundfoss selectric), one week later we stared losing pressure, same engineer said it was pressure vesse, so we changed that, and problem seemd to go way for 48hrs, now back with a vengance, loses 1 bar overnight.
All floor boards up (no leaks) all vavles checked when cold, everything tightened, no sign of water anywhere. No discharge from PRV, plastic bag on pipe for 2 days and no water.
When re-pressurized cold system holds if no CH or HW switched on.
System only losses after boiler as been on.
3 x local engineers have all given up. tell me to get a new Boiler and megaflo.
Any other ideas...?

Sponsored Links
Heat exchanger gone and leaking into condense pipe.

Yet another of one of the worst boilers ever made I'm afraid, Ideal certainly deserve their reputation for making carp that the end user has to pay to put right.

The only place for these boilers is the skip, that is if you can find room in it with all the new ones that Ideal are making now already in there :eek:

Check gauge is reading corectly it may be low so you are over filling system
and loosing pressure through PRV when system is hot

Sponsored Links
Cheers. Re assuring..!

how can i prove that this is the case, is there any way i can test this, how much water would you expect to be discharged from the condenser outlet?

to check the heat exchanger is leaking into the condense leave boiler off and go to the end of the condense pipe if there is water coming out the heat exchanger is leaking ,goodluck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back