Ideal Logic Plus (30kW) not delivering hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As subject heading, I have an ideal logic plus combi-boiler. It has started to intermittently stop delivering heat hot to the taps/shower. Sometimes it takes some time and far from instant hot water to come through, sometimes delivers hot water then goes to cold and sometimes just runs cold continuously.
I have noticed at the boiler LED panel, that status is saying hot water but unfortunately the boiler does not seem to fire up and deliver the hot water.
Any ideas what this problem could be, I suspect it could be a divertor issue but would like the informed view of you good people.

Update: No hot water at all now!

Sponsored Links
I will update the above post.
As it stands a t the moment, I can only get hot water at the taps, if I turn the electrical supply off at the FCU, then back on again. The boiler will fire up a deliver hot water, but once you close the taps it will then stop delivering hot water. I have took a look the divertor head and cannot see any movement when trying operate the boiler functions between DHW and CH. If I swing the divertor head to the left when the boiler is delivering hot water, (using method as explained above, power off then back on) the hot water then stops being delivered and if I swing the divertor head back to the right, there is still no hot water.
I have called 6 or 7 engineers and left numerous messages for there assistance with the required repair, but unfortunately not one has replied!
So would very much appreciate some help, before the missus decides to go on strike over her cleaning cores! and she is starting to smell!

How old is the boiler? Logic plus comes with 5/7 year warranty depending on when purchased.

Sponsored Links
It is about 6-7 years old and the warranty at that time was for 5 years. I will check on it, but I fear the gas engineer employed at the time to install and was also asked to complete regular servicing of the boiler has not carried out the service program, as logic may require for the warranty to be valid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back