Ideal m30100 PCB kit ....... HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So ive diagnosed my heating system to be the PCB from the error code displayed, i ordered the new style Retro-fit PCB from ebay and i can't see how this is going to work???? the old was is black and has a single pin plug whole on the front of the PCB which obviously controls the spark.... The new one is orange and does not have these pins despite having specific jumper settings to be used with a M30100 system????

It also comes with an EMC and Retro kit which contains the orange ignition electrode kit but still has the same plug on it? which begs the question where does it attach too? Am i safe to be replacing this not being a Gas engineer?

Please help

Thanks steve

Sponsored Links
why do you think it was the pcb, what was the original fault????? buying pcbs off ebay you are taking a chance, was it new or a refurb board.

Paul

The display gave a PCB fault code, i bought a brand new "kit" which is listed by all listings i can find to work with my machine?????

Sponsored Links
I didn't write the code down but looked it up on here and on several other websites which all came back as a PCB failure.... (I've been on holiday and returned to the problem and decided to fix it now) so i bought a new one! does anyone know the answer is everyone just pass comment on what i thought was the correct thing to do????!!

The new kit is part number 157928 if that helps? This is obviously a NEW style retrofit kit... but how does it spark?

I didn't write the code down but looked it up on here and on several other websites which all came back as a PCB failure.... (I've been on holiday and returned to the problem and decided to fix it now) so i bought a new one! does anyone know the answer is everyone just pass comment on what i thought was the correct thing to do????!!
:rolleyes:

Apart from making a horrendous noise when starting (sounded electrical) the old PCB has fired the old best up and it appears to be working for now???

Oh yer big end is away mate or could be the piston rings?? Is there any sign of smoke coming out the exhaust?? What does it sound like when she's ticking over?? Has the timing been checked??

LMFHO!!.....This one thinks he's working on a Ford Cortina!!!......... :LOL:

Am i safe to be replacing this not being a Gas engineer?[/quote]

Uhh? NO!! OF COURSE NOT!!

Stop playing about with things that you don't understand. It's not an effing toy. [/b]

Pmsl, this is going to be an expensive mistake.

You have the wrong PCB. The V9 board won't work on the mseries.

Pmsl, this is going to be an expensive mistake.

You have the wrong PCB. The V9 board won't work on the mseries.

I thought it was against the rules to give advice on gas boiler repairs on this forum??
Telling someone they have bought the wrong PCB is Not exactly gas advice is it? And as per GSR you don't need to be an RGI to replace a PCB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back