Ideal Mexico HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am aware of various comments in postings here about the unreliability of Ideal boilers but most of them seem to relate to wall mounted Isar combis.

I am looking to replace a 15+ year old floor mounted Ideal Mexico on a fully pumped vented system.

I don't have the supply pressure for a combi or an unvented system and although 20/30 years ago I might have upgraded the supply and repositioned the boiler I now have neither the funds nor could I face the upheaval to do so.

I am therefore considering Ideals latest floor mounted Mexico HE 18 or 24 which would be a straightforward direct replacement.

Has anyone had any experience of the reliability of this Ideal floor mounted boiler?

Sponsored Links
Age and efficiency of the old one.
We had it installed 25years ago and it has given excellent service but we would prefer to renew it now rather than wait for it to pack up usually at the worst time of the year.
The rest of the system is ok, rads all heating fine, fitted new pump couple of years ago, motor valves ok and inhibitor in water.

My personal advice is contrary to the "green" mantra,but these boilers were bomb proof.
Stick with it as it may last another 10years!

£2k+ is a long payback time with saved energy.

By the time your boiler bites the dust there might even be reliable ones availlable. ;)

Sponsored Links
What do you rhink a Mexico HE is? It is an Isar/ Icos (never know which is which- both are equally unreliable) in floor standing garb

I wouldn't fit any Ideal product anymore. All badly designed c r a p with no after sales service :rolleyes: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back