Ideal Mexico 2 - How Old Is She

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an ideal mexico boiler and it is in fairly good shape - It looks pretty newish to me.

I have called Ideal and they said they stopped making these in 1998 - This is a problem because we wanted to take out boiler insurance but we cannot do that if it is older then fifteen years

Does anyone know if this boiler (Ideal Mexico 2) really is that ancient?

Sponsored Links
Not sure why you would question the answer given by the people who made it.

But yes it is old and venerable.

Boiler insurance on it is pointless anyway.

I have a Ideal Mexico Super 2 RS 125 (36.6kw) and although not sure if its exactly the same boiler i'm actually quite grateful for its simplicity and the ease and reliability with which it heats my home and provides hot water. Sure the bills are slightly high but actually i save that on boiler insurance (no need, cant get it anyway), annual servicing (no real need according to a gas-safe fitter), and not spending money on a new boiler every 10 ish years.

With the help of good folk on here like Dan I worked out the cost/benefit of upgrading whilst its still in working order and the numbers do not make sense.

Keep it till it breaks! (mine is 20 years old next year).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back