Ideal Mexico Super 2 Gas Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a new home and have inherited an ideal Mexico Super 2 gas boiler. I can occasionally smell an odour coming from it indoors similar to the odour one would detect from a boiler flue outside the home. How worried should i be?

Sponsored Links
Hate to say this this time of year, but turn it off now and get a good RGI in asap to check it out ;)

Get it checked out, but don't get fobbed off with a replacement boiler, these are very solid and reliable boilers.

One of my favourites.

James

Sponsored Links
How worried should i be?
Not in the least - think of all the money you'll save while it's TURNED OFF!

I assume it's the type with a "conventional" flue - a tall one up a chimney?

It's just possible that it only "spills" while the flue's cold and you smell that. They are allowed 10 minutes to warm the flue up, but after that you should smell nothing.
If it hasn't been used for months it might smell a bit as it heats up the dust on the outside I suppose.

But DO get it checked before you use it or you could wake up dead in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back