Gas Valve for Ideal Mexico - can't find one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have an old Ideal Mexico Super boiler and the engineer told me the gas valve needed replacing but he couldn't locate one. It is model CF 30/40, Ideal part number 004050, box 402923. I cannot afford a new boiler and wondered if anybody could advise me where I could get this part please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
That valve can't be found anywhere it's been obsolete for many years. All you can do is replace the boiler. We have been looking for them for a while and nobody has any . You may get lucky ringing small suppliers to see if they have one on a dusty shelf.

Worth a punt, have a dodge down your local scrapyard. We've took a few old mexico's out and we just scrap them. Or speak to local plumbing firms see if they're taking any out.

Sponsored Links
Hello, I have an old Ideal Mexico Super boiler and the engineer told me the gas valve needed replacing but he couldn't locate one. It is model CF 30/40, Ideal part number 004050, box 402923. I cannot afford a new boiler and wondered if anybody could advise me where I could get this part please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

http://www.onlineboilerspares.com/GASVALVE004050

Do they have actually have it in stock though?

So many of those websites don't have stock despite claims to the contrary. Or just resell from a certain nationwide company ;)

OP There are a few listed on eBay, some as much as £250. Cheaper than a new boiler if that's the way you want to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back