Ideal Mexico 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new member here so I hope you can help me :D

We have an Ideal Mexico 2 boiler and I am pretty certain that the thermocouple has failed...I have bought a replacement having carried out this work on previous older boilers.

My question is: Could somebody please offer instructions on how to replace the thermocouple on this boiler?

On looking at it it appears that there are quite a wingnuts/nuts and a panel that need to be removed.

Thanks in anticipation.
Signed,
Cold and miserable with no hot water
:cry:

Sponsored Links
as its a safety component you should be RGI to change it thus you may not get any advice on this job here.

instructions are simple to follow:

1. get yellow pages
2. go to gas engineers section
3. ring someone near where you live

as Alexander would say "SIMPLES" :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have bought a replacement having carried out this work on previous older boilers.

Illegal.

My question is: Could somebody please offer instructions on how to replace the thermocouple on this boiler?

Certainly. After this maybe we can move on to installing a gas fire or boiler. ;) Because that`s what we do, take exams every five years and get annoyed by Corgi inspectors ( not anymore, ha,ha,) so we can pass this knowledge on to you, free of charge. :rolleyes:

Sorry to bring out the worst in you, except TWGAS...thank you for politely pointing out my error, obviously the exception in a bunch of elitists.

Didn't realise that you were such a sarky lot...but I will remember for next time.

May the flies of a thousand camels infest your plumbers' cracks...just for being what you are.

Thank you again twgas...your approach to life and your politeness is a credit to you.

Anyway...job sorted :cool: [/b]

Sorry to bring out the worst in you, except TWGAS...thank you for politely pointing out my error, obviously the exception in a bunch of elitists.

Not really, just people who work long and hard, spend hours reading and studying the newest regulations, pay hundreds every five years to be re-assessed just to tell you that your home is safe. Selfish bunch aren`t we?

I am not a Plumber, I`m a Gas fitter, Plumbers are gas fitters with the brains taken out. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back