Ideal Mini C28 - switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a new house and the boiler seems to randomly switch off and the green flashing light flashes quickly. I've tried resetting it. I've tried setting times for it to come off and on. It doesn't make sense. I'm having to get up in the night (freezing cold) and peas the on button again which starts it back up and the green light goes back to flashing slower. My ideas?

Sponsored Links
That is a nice and easily repaired boiler

Rapid flashing which is reset by turning the selector switch to off and back to the operate position is usually a failure of the pump flow to be detected.

That needs to be properly diagnosed and the cause rectified. Most often pump impeller blocked or blockage in the boiler. Sometimes needs chemical cleaning of the whole boiler.

I suppose you have never had the boiler serviced.

Tony

Hi Tony.
Thanks for replying. I'm not sure if it's been serviced but I'm sure it must have been as it's a rental. I've contacted a plumber who's coming out this week. I'll pass on the info you gave.
Thank you so much.
Leigh

Hi Tony.
Thanks for replying. I'm not sure if it's been serviced but I'm sure it must have been as it's a rental.
Leigh

Rental + Service, pretty much mutually exclusive afraid to say.... Landlords do minimum, just an occasional gas Safety check, which is most definitely NOT the same as a service.

Putting my tin hat on now, as aggrieved LL's rant about about how THEY do pay for a service, just my experience. Sorry to say.

DH

Sponsored Links
I would add to that that virtually no landlords pay for their boilers to be serviced!

Quite a few do imagine that their £55 Gas Certificate includes a service!

Tony

Be aware that quite a few engineers don't seem very good at repairing these boilers.

I went to one only 18 months old where the engineer told the landlord that it could not be repaired and needed replacement.

There was little actually wrong with it but the dodgy engineer had swapped two wires over to make sure that it would not work. But that only delayed me for 10 seconds!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back