Ideal response 100 intermittant hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Ideal Response 100 that is playing up. Central heating is working fine, but the how water has a mind of its own.

Strangely in the morning it works fine for about 5 minutes then goes cold. In the evening it hardly works at all. The only way I can get hot water is to turn the hot tap/shower on and turn the central heating on. Once the boiler has started then hot water water will flow and I can turn off the heating.

Any ideas of what the problem can be?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
A common problem is water leaking inside the combustion chamber.

Its possible that because of regular hot water usage you are getting moisture in there and its condensing on the electrodes during the day.

Overnight it has time to dry off when its not being used. ( The leakage is often worse when its hot ! ).

But that needs a competent boiler engineer to diagnose.

If it was that then it is the end of the boiler as the replacement parts are no longer available and used to cost about £500 anyway.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back