Ideal response 100 shambles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had our boiler moved 6 months ago. Plumbers said they'd do it but warned us they'd take no responsibility if the thing didn't work afterwards. Fair enough. But it worked fine. Then, we get a letter from Ideal, informing us that the Ideal response 100 series needed an extra thermostat installed, which they would carry out free of charge. OK. A technician came round, installed an extra thermostat and went away. A week later we found we had no central heating control. The power to the display on the boiler was dead. Hot water to the tap worked fine, but the central heating is not useable. We rang Ideal. They sent another technician who told us we needed a new water pressure switch. Ideal then changed their minds and said that it wasn't the water pressure switch, the extra thermostat they put in is detecting an installation fault. Even though there has been NO problem whatsoever since we've had the boiler. Now Ideal are telling us to contact the installers, who won't want a bar of it I imagine.

I think Ideal are telling a few dicky birds personally. Anyone like to comment?

Sponsored Links
the whole response range has been a bit of a disaster for ideal.

just wait untill your HE fails

yes i went back to a boiler i had fitted 3 years ago the heat exchanger leaked the customer paid 370 pounds for heat exchanger no 1 , i fitted it and it leaked, drained it down again customer ordered another i fitted it it leaked 3rd time drained and changed and it leaked.

After alot of hassle and a high profile customer of mine the customer got a new ideal icos free of charge !

The boiler has a low pressure switch to protect it from no water. Thats does the same job on CH and DHW. Obviously if it fails there is neither usage.

I dont know exactly what installation fault they think applies. The o/h stat they fitted does not detect anything it just switches off ( for ever as its not resettable ) if the HE gets too hot.

Brick Lane Festival tomorrow Sunday 10th !

Tony

Sponsored Links
I would never have moved an Ideal Response.

I would never buy a new heat exchanger for an Ideal Response.

I would never buy a new pcb for an Ideal Response.

I would clean out the low pressure cut out it's probably sludged up. Clean system water aswell and install a magnetic filter, both of which will ebnefit your new boiler which you will definately be buying very soon.

If you have any sense start looking now for a boiler which meets the requirements of the Trade descriptions act (is of merchantable quality).

Move and Ideal Response? Sheesh!
Didin't you read the warning signals when your fitter said he wouldn't take responsibility?

If they offer you an Ideal Icos put it on eBay and buy a boiler that is easier to repair.

Thanks. If there is no apparent relationship between a water pressure switch and a thermostat then Ideal are lying to me right? What's the chances of getting something out of Ideal in this situation? Do I have to prove that the installation was done correctly?

You mean you have had a response that worked for 6 months :eek: ......bloody hell.

Yes they're lying. as is explained above -though I can appreciate it can be hard to understand. Neither the new stat or the pressure switch will stop only one of CH or HW.
If they think it's installed wrongly, surely they should tell you , in what way?
The lights are unreliable by the way, they drop off the back of the clips they're in.
CH failing could be a wiring or timer fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back