Ideal Response 80 boiler - hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a six year older Ideal Response 80 combi bolier. The hotwater is working fine but when I switch on the central heating the burner does not kick in and therefore the central heating is not working at all

I had a new flow valve fitted early in the summer to resolve hot water intermittently failing to start the burner when the tap was switched on but the hot water has been fine since then.

It's almost as if the bolier knows the heating should be on, it’s just not starting the burner.

Interestingly the ‘Burner On’ light is lit permanently which it never used to be.

I have bled all the radiators.
I have checked the flat thermostat setting and it is fine
I have checked the bolier water pressure and it is fine

Anyone any ideas please? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
So you're saying it needs a new timer/programmer? It seems to do everything except start the burner?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Beyond whether it's set correctly I can't do much more myself sadly. It's programmed to come on and off and does so happily but just never fires the boiler. I’m assuming that’s what controls when the boiler comes on so it could be at fault?

could be dirt or a problem with hw flow switch keeping boiler in HW mode(pump wont come on to pump round the rads) boiler will then shut off on temperature !
IS the HW roasting coming out the tap??

I will check link R1 & R2 as have found the installation manual.

Don't think it's dirt or problem with hw flow switch as was only replaced in the summer and water takes a while to warm up when the tap is turned on.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back