ideal response se will not fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a ideal response se that often loses pressure whitch i can build up but if i dont it goes off and flashes 4-04 meaning non volatile lockout then i press reset it flashes 9-12 meaning flue stat cutout but will not restart. sometimes it will if left for a long time please help thank you roy

Sponsored Links
I dont know where you are getting your figures.

The flue stat is intended to be non resettable!

Many would say your boiler is working normally ( i.e. not working! )

Tony

As your faults seem to be associated with combustion/safety devices many would consider the best advice would be to get a registered engineer.

Few understand these boilers very well and the diagnosis would aften be that you need a new boiler without having diagnosed exactly what the fault is. That should not be a chargeable statement!

Tony

Whatever the problem is, do not spend a lot of money on this boiler; they are complete lemons and it's a small miracle it has lasted this long.

Sponsored Links
The Response se is a condensing Response. A Minimiser heat exchanger with a Honeywell/Grindfoss water set.

Code 4-04 is just a generic lockout, the 2nd code that follows is the cause. 9-12 is the low water pressure switch. Concurrent with your comment the boiler loses pressure.

Find out why it's losing pressure, leak somewhere? Look at the prv pipe outside?

Job Done.

In that case as the code represents a low pressure then you dont specifically need a gas registered engineer.

But you do need to find out why its losing pressure and you may still need a competent heating engineer for that.

Tony

Find out why it's losing pressure, leak somewhere? Look at the prv pipe outside?

Also look under radiator valve caps to see if the valves are weeping

Hi and thanks for your answers the leak appears to be coming from the saftey valve pipe that goes outside, and as for the water pressure switch i need to order one.once i replace that will the boiler then fire up as it wont at all now thanks again roy

Also, Personally I would replace the schrader Valve core within the epansion vessel - this would be one cause of the PRV Leaking.

If no further leaks are evident on the CHB/System

Hi again, have replaced the water pressure switch on my ideal response se boiler and it still wont fire up.But on the water pressure switch it as 3 terminals with which 2 are used (1 and 3) number 2 as a plastic cover on. when i take the single red wire of 3 and put it on 2 it works fine and also there is no more leaks is this ok to swap them over your replys and answers would be much appreciated thanks roy

its probably blocked behind the switch. Poke something in the hole. then put the terminals back where they were. Your basically linking out a safety device, very naughty mr.

No it is not ok to use the covered terminal. Investigate the reason why the new switch is not sensing pressure, ie there is a blockage or there IS no system pressure.

Thanks for your replies,when i took the old switch off there was loads of brown gunk inside it could this be a problem,could the heat exchanger need cleaning thanks again roy

get some out to check the main heat ex they prone to leaking if this is the case u need a new boiler :cry:

its probably blocked behind the switch. Poke something in the hole. then put the terminals back where they were. Your basically linking out a safety device, very naughty mr.
HI, POKED SOMETHING IN THE HOLE BUT STILL SEEMS BLOCKED HOW DO YOU UNBLOCK THEM CHEERS ROY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back