Ideal Sprint Rapide 90 NF not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat with an Ideal Sprint Rapide 90NF boiler. It has worked fine for a couple of years. The other evening when I turned heating on, there was a click but the boiler didn't fire up.

There have been no new events related to the boiler.

The pressure is below 1.0. Black had slightly below red hand. The only thing I know how to do (in theory) is to top up water in the system. However I am not sure what is the tap. There is one screw inside the boiler casing which I thought could be the one. I turned to open as far as possible. No change in pressure. I have looked below work surfaces where pipes come from and seen nothing. The remaining possibility is a screw on a pipe just below the boiler and to the right. It is on a pipe coming out of wall and going up into the boiler. I can't easily turn it. Before I attack with more gusto, I'd like more reassurance as to whether this might be the one.

I have taken a photo. Not worked out how to show this to you yet!

George

ideal sprint 90 NF

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back