Ideal standard basin mixer tap Fixing

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello, does anybody know how to get the top off this ideal standard basin mixer tap? If you have a look at the pictures? It has a handle which is unscrewed inside there is a Allen key screw which can be removed but there doesn’t appear to be any way to get the actual top off the top that’s what I want to achieve. Two reasons. It has a leak coming from the top which I wanted to investigate and also the screw that I unscrewed which attaches the handle is somewhere inside it so I can’t put the, handle back on, any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4533.jpeg
    IMG_4533.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4532.jpeg
    IMG_4532.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 11
Sponsored Links
If you have loosened the grub screw behind the handle, the top should lift off although they have a habit of corroding and fusing themselves solid. Try a large flat blade screwdriver between the top and the body and gently prise it in various positions. Try that for about an hour and then go and buy a new tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back