I have leak at the top of tap fitting on our a monobloc mixe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have leak at the top of tap fitting on our a monobloc mixer tap.
It works by lifting (tilting back) a handle on the top and turning the handle to either the left or right to control the heat of the water. The problem is, when it is turned off it leaks from the top around the swivel part (i think).
I have managed to unscrew the handle and remove the small grub screw which was hidden inside behind the handle, but problem i have now is removing the top to access the cartridge, it seems very difficult to disamantle, is there anything else holding this top in place? or is it just a matter of some brute force (dont want to really damage the top).

Also the cold pressure is very high,is there any adjustment that could be made?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
post some pictures of the tap that way we can advise you better
difficult to alter the mcw pressure without adding a prv but you can decrease the flow of water through cold side of the tap by either partially shutting the service valve on the mcw pipework feeding the tap or at the mcw stopcock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back