Monobloc tap leak - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got round to fitting a monobloc tap I bought and after fixing one leak out the top of the tap it is now leaking out of the join where the swivel part swivels in the main body of the tap.
Can somebody suggest how I get further into the tap to see what is wrong or how I can fix this.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi
you need to split the tap at the swivel joint there is an o ring inside might want replacing or lubricating .There should be a little screw at the base of the swivel might be at the back slacken screw and pull top part of tap off some taps have no screw so you have to move tap a certain way and pull up through a keyway good luck

Sorry to hijack this thread guys, but I too have a problem with a monobloc leaking around the swivel joint.
There is no screw on the rear of the body, and the left then lift method does not release the spout. The only other thing is that it appears to have a collar between the body and spout (albeit without a collar nut). Do some (cheaper) monoblocs have this form of spout retention (suppose its a mole-grips job).

As a further question, is it necessary to turmn off the water supply when removing a monobloc spout, or do the h/c taps isolate?

Any advice welcome guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back