Ideal Standard CF Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help fromm some of you experienced guys. I've got an Ideal Standard E Type CF boiler that appears to have stopped working. While I can get a pilot light the boiler itself won't fire up. I have replaced the thermocouple in the hope that this would be at fault, unfortunately thgis was not the case.

Before calling out an engineer is it possible for me to check the control box and thermostats to make sure they are functioning correctly? If so would I just measure the voltage at the lead tot he gas valave and check for a voltage? If so, would I expect 240v or does the valve work on a lower voltage? As I inherited the boiler with the house I don't have the instruction manual :(

Finally if it is the gas valve causing the problem, which I suspect it is, can an engineer service thi s or would he need to replace it?

Yours

Tank

Sponsored Links
You can check for a voltage on the gas valve, but as you say it's a corgi job to go further. If you say what the probllem is on the phone any engr would bring a new gas valve with him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back