Ideal Standard Concord WRS40 - Gas Control Valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd appreciate help with 2 things:

1) Confirmation that I've diagnosed the problem correctly
2) If I'm right that I need a new GCV, where do I get one?!

Hold the Start button in and press the Igniter button: the pilot lights.
Count to 20 (or 30) seconds, release the Start button, pilot goes out.
ALSO, sometimes whilst counting to 20, the pilot light goes out.

It's the last bit that's leading me to think the fault is inside the GCV and not a faulty thermocouple.

The 1976 manual says it's fitted with a Honeywell V4400A1017 GCV but neither Google, Honeywell or the HRPC PartsArena websites know that reference!

Has anyone ever fitted an alternative GCV to this range of boilers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
possibly a dirty pilot injector is causing pilot to go out while your holding it . does it have a grey push button or red and white buttons

Fek nows why they cant find it ,its a basic part the only difference is they used to comi in 1/2" and 3/4" they now come as 3/4" with bushes supplied .

www.gas-spares.co.uk
click on pictures on header then click into sundries and there it is in 240v which yours is and 24v.
Phone them monday and they will give you a price

Sponsored Links
possibly a dirty pilot injector is causing pilot to go out while your holding it . does it have a grey push button or red and white buttons
I think you could be saved a 'whole lotta money' by acting upon this comment.

The usual question..."When was it last serviced?"

abcotuk.co.uk will give up a cheap v4400 (apologies namsag if the model of valve is wrong).

Or a pin vice for your p/inj?

Dave

Thank you to both namsag and Soggy_weetabix.

In fact it was serviced last September for the first time in 13 years - quite possible some dirt got shifted and ended up where it shouldn't?!

I'll certainly check out the injector first but, if that doesn't do the trick then at least I can see where to get a replacement gcv.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back