Ideal Standard Toilet - replacing the seat is impossible!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unbelievable - they seem to have put the nut about an arms length up inside the ceramic! See photo. Not only that, but I'm jiggered if I can find out how to remove the old seat. Normally, you just unscrew the two screws, life off the seat, and install the new one.

But this Ideal Standard seems to need you to disconnect the entire bowl, turn it upside down, and even then it would be a nightmare.

Or am I missing something?

Can someone please help? I've got the flooring people coming on Thursday, and wanted to do this 'simple job' tomorrow!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 6,836
  • IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 4,284
Sponsored Links
Yes, but how do I connect the new one? I need to be a contortionist or have a triple jointed three foot arm!!

The achors are fitted from above ,and expand from below when tightened from above.

Sponsored Links
Yes ,with concealed fixings.
Also known as " top fixing toilet seats"

The builders made that decision, not me!! Thanks so much for all the information. Now I (almost) know what to do. Only remaining problem is how to remove the left hand connector. Maybe dynamite might solve both problems!!

Lift the chrome disc. Should be a screw beneath ,remove it. Should be left with the anchor in the hole of the pan. Push down on it and it should fall down,and out of the way .

I recently changed my toilet seat. It was a particular shape so I could only use the manufacturers one at just over £100 :mad: but as it was a back to the wall, fully enclosed pan, it used butterfly clips. Unfortunately it was a bad design and they wouldn’t centralise so I had to pull the pan and cistern away from the wall to get to them. A right pain in the arse if you pardon the pun.

Funnily enough, I’ve just replaced the toilet seat round my mums house today. It also had top seat fixings. It came with two different sizes but to save any messing about, I left her original inserts in the ceramic pan and re-used her original screws.

Funnily enough, I’ve just replaced the toilet seat round my mums house today. It also had top seat fixings. It came with two different sizes but to save any messing about, I left her original inserts in the ceramic pan and re-used her original screws.
That was unusual as it is often the inserts that become loose.

I have an ideal standard (E002101) toilet seat to replace. I cannot do the first thing (take the old seat off properly).The old screw on one side is very rusted and will not come out of the hole in the pan and will not unscrew. Any advice on anything I can do please?

Attachments

• toilet screw.jpg
    toilet screw.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 133

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back