Ideal Vogue 30 system boiler and Ideal 210l unvented cylinder - Good kit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

I've been quoted for installation of an Ideal Vogue 30 system boiler and Ideal 210l unvented cylinder and wonder whether anyone can help with advice on whether they are reliable and decent value for money? Ideal seems to get pretty bad reviews on Trust Pilot for after sales and trying to get out of warranties and some reviews of their boilers seem to be mixed.

Are there alternatives which would be better for the money?

Any help appreciated as Er indoors is giving me grief to make a decision and get it sorted.

Cheers

R

Sponsored Links
You'd be much better off with an Intergas ECO RF connected to a Joule cylinder, set up for hot water priority and running off a Honeywell T6 for ultimate efficiency

Look at a Vaillant 938 erp ecotec plus combi. It has stored water delivering over 20 litres per minute and 16 litres per minute when the stored water is exhausted. When you turn off the hot tap it immediately reheats the water vessel - pronto.
https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/vaillant-ecotec-plus-938-combi-storage-boiler-easy-pick-pack

The Ideal Vogue 32 and 210 cylinder is £1,527, plus zone valves, timer, etc. The Vaillant is all in one being about the same price to buy. The Vaillant will never run out of hot water, not taking up space like a cylinder and Vaillant is superior quality.

Last edited:
It's the size of a washing machine bolted to the wall and not reliable.

But what should we expect from an that recommends Ferolli?

As with Muggles, Intergas and cylinder. 10 year warranty and remote monitoring by the installer is an option. I would question the need for a 30kw boiler too.

*edit. Bloody autokorrect

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
When is the new intergas model out? Looking on there web site looks a good bit of kit???

Thanks chaps. Installer works with Ideal/WB. I've been told Worcester Bosch system boilers are good. Your views on WB Greenstar system boilers would be much appreciated.

Also re the comment above about need for 30kw boiler; it's a 4 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms and installer had suggested 210l unvented cylinder. Cheers

Thanks chaps. Installer works with Ideal/WB. I've been told Worcester Bosch system boilers are good. Your views on WB Greenstar system boilers would be much appreciated.

Also re the comment above about need for 30kw boiler; it's a 4 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms and installer had suggested 210l unvented cylinder. Cheers

WB are Below average boilers, with top notch after sales care.

I have a 4 bed detached house with a bathroom and ensuite. My 18 KW boiler spends most of its life ticking over.

WB are average boilers at best - certainly not worth what they charge for them. Some models are full of plastic and rubber, all are unnecessarily difficult and frustrating to work on. With the right setup the Intergas will be considerably cheaper to run, as well as being cheaper to buy in the first place and more reliable in the long run.

Last edited:

When someone on this forum asks if such and such a boiler is any good, the only people who will concur, are those who fit that brand and those who own one of them. Its just the way it is.

When you maintain, service and repair a plethora of different boilers, across a customer base, you soon build an opinion of likes and dislikes regarding each... you get to know which parts of which boilers get worn, fail and require replacement and on what kind of frequency. You soon start to question the design and construction of such parts.
Comparisons are made, including parts availability and service back up... cream soon rises to the top and preferences are established.

If you choose an installer, who only maintains the boilers he installs, you will get his preference and we've always said on here that it's really the installer you're choosing.

Ive been in and around about 6 brands of boilers over the years, working with others who have differing preferences. I've an Atag IC Economiser at home... a decent boiler but I'd swap it for an Intergas Eco RF tomorrow :)

Or Q5 ( if the Intergas year is 127% of a normal year )

:ROFLMAO: one of your better ones Mr:mrgreen: (y)

FWIW: Let's leave the marketing and the Ts&Cs up to the suits shall we!
They're great boilers... well designed and well built and there's feck-all in them... that kind of simplicity is harder to achieve than you think... I have experience in that area.

I dont give opinions on brands, but as already stated very unlikely that you need a 30KW boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back