Ideas? How do I fit a curtain pole here?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please see photos... Unfortunately should have tried to do something prior to getting fitted wardrobes possible fix pole to ceiling but I'm struggling with space now!

Any ideas most welcome.
IMG_20200102_112823.jpg
IMG_20200102_112750.jpg

Sponsored Links
You might be able to use an offset ratchet screwdriver to fit the brackets, but it will be really awkward

Drill a 12mm hole inside the fitted wardrobe, then from there you can use an 8mm to drill the wall or baton, then plug and screw.
The hole won't be visible and will be there to "service" the curtain pole.
As always, measure twice "drill" once.

Find a curtain track or rail that fits, remove the baton that's already there, screw the new track to the baton, then glue and screw the baton to the wall. You obviously won't be able to screw the baton where it is overlapped by the wardrobe, but if its a reasonably stiff baton and you glue and screw it to the wall as close to the wardrobe as you can, it will be fine.

Alternatively, fit your curtain rail inside the window reveal as your blind is now.

A real left field option would be to reverse one end of the curtain pole bracket and screw into it from the wardrobe, rather than into the wall.

Sponsored Links
How about remove the current baton / strip of wood on the wall. Get new strip, or re-use if undamaged, and screw the curtain rail hooks onto the strip, then screw the strip back to onto the wall with hooks already on. Pop on rail.

I'm not convinced there is enough space to fit a curtain pole plus curtains where the batten is now...

I'm also with foxhole - it just looks odd

OK, another idea ... securely fit the right end and middle pole brackets, then for the left end leave it touching the wall with a support / block just under it. Once the curtains are on it will never be seen, and you'll be able to open and close them as normal too. Plus, easier to remove. You could put some glue on a bit of wood and stick something on there.

Can you get your hands and a drill down to the wall at the end? Not the wall the window is on the one at right angles to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back