Ideas required to stop people Peeing up my front gate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK

Strange old scenario, but here goes, My house is on a walking route to the town centre, every day the locals whenever they feel the call of nature they seem to use my gate, it is about half a meter ot the main pavment, but wtill in full view of passers by.

This includes Women, men Kids, drunks and a mixture of all three, One bloke even asked me to move out the way as I was coming out of the gate so he could have a P!55.

There is no sign that says toilet, it nevr used to be a toilet, but day in and day out it's the bleedin same. Worse of all my basment is below ground level so you can imagin the smell.

I have put a camera up, and warning signs but they still seem undetered.

I have now come up with a idea, not sure of the legality, but loose 240V mains cab.... Oh sorry not really, Really though a pipe connected to a grotty water butt (with everything from dead segulls to frogs) via a pump on a sensor that when they are lurking around it sprays them after so many seconds.

If anyone has any other ideas it would be great.

Sponsored Links
How about a motion activated system that plays a message at high volume - something like 'look over here at the dirty bastard having a ****' :evil:

Use the motion detector to trigger a camera flash.

You can get the innards from a disposable camera if you ask at one of the larger processing shops or High St chemists that process films. There are a pair of contacts that when connected will trigger the flash which con be connected to the relay in the motion detector.

The effect of being "flashed" is often very disturbing. The short flssh means the culprit won't have much chance of locating the flash and even if he does it is a disposable so you haven't lost anything of value.

Sponsored Links
will need to be powered all the time, will also flash when op leaves

Milk tray

Sour milk

A large banana

im laughing...ive stopped

an oozi

Dave

If it's a cast iron gate, wire it up to an electrified fence controller, :eek:
Mythbusters tried it and Adam Savage has never been the same since.

buy a large barky dobermann and train him/her to hate the smell and sound of peeing......youd be a brave man to stick your knob near that gate again.

Thanks Guys for all your ideas, i did think about electric shock theropy, but condisered the legal implications and decided against it.

The flash Idea sounds interesting, I might see it I can mount a flash tube nearer eye level and blind the fookers, and they'll probably Pi55 down themselves too. then be arrested for wandering half blind down the middle of the road with thier wedding tackle hanging out. :LOL:

@Gcol, a Pick of the site, Please explain ??

I like the idea of a lawn-sprinkler (if you're allowed).It would wash the stuff away as well as discouraging people who loiter.

Activated by a PIR or an indoor tap so you can turn it on when you see undesirables would be even better.

Alot of the time it's at night when they are walking home from the pubs and clubs, but I need to have some sort of overide as I don't want to get the poor postman when he's delivering mail, if he stand by the gate too long and he gets a hair wash, he might not want to deliver any more.

but it's during the day too.

Last week I walked out to find a middle aged woman crouching down, and her 2 young kids were standing on the pavment watching, it's just sick.

The best way to deal with this problem as i had the same problem is to connect a long hose pipe from an outside tap and rig it up over the offending wall and when yea see the bas.tads urinating on yea wall give it some stick, i had a security light and a small cam riged up it was one of my favorite pass times on a saturday night great laugh try it, it is fun to watch when the drunk gets a taste of clean water over is block head.

Sponsored Links
Back