Identify this guttering please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need 2 new union brackets for some guttering but I'm struggling to find them in the right style. I've attached some pictures. It looks like Sovereign or ogee profile on the outside but has a half round profile on the inside. It measures 135mm deep and 90mm tall. I can't find any manufacturer details stamped on it anywhere. Anyone recognize it and know if it's still available?

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Nothing I’ve seen before. Any markings on any of it anywhere?

Looks like the original timber gutter replica called Twinplas. Fitted a fair few metres of it and it is good stuff.
Here is a sample or two and other merchants do stock it.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Looks like the original timber gutter replica called Twinplas. Fitted a fair few metres of it and it is good stuff.
Here is a sample or two and other merchants do stock it.

That’s perfect and makes sense as the back side of the building still has some original timber guttering. Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Now I know the type I've been able to google a bit more specifically and found this post https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/new-twinplas-guttering-is-leaking-at-join-already.623157/ where it looks like a similar problem to mine.

Looking at the manufacturers guidance it looks like these sleeves are sealed rather than having a rubber gasket. Will have to get up on the big ladders and have a closer look as they probably just need resealing rather than replacing.

They do have a gasket inside the sleeve but in my experience you can never be quite sure they have stayed in place when you slide them together so i always use sealant to every joint too.

You look like you have got the propper ID now but I have seen somthing simular around my way when people have had replacement facia and gutter the gutter seems to be a big roll of aluminium that is flat situated inside the van and it gets fed out and put through a die that shapes it and the shape was like that.

We are stripping a load of the back of van product right now .. leaking corners and outlets ... Fyi

It's fixed internally.

The off the roll gutter we are replacing is to the left . The new in moulded ogee by alumasc .

Attachments

• IMG-20240308-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240308-WA0003.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 19
Couldn't the leaking corners and outlets just be re sealed - I assume there are no gaskets but just mastic/silicone that was not put in very well ?

They want quality , the roof covering is being changed too.
But there is a long wait on chosen product

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back