Identify this part please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found this mystery part in my garden. I think it might have dropped off my Mountfield ride-on mower, but can't be sure. Everything seems to function as normal on the mower as far as I can tell. Any ideas what it is and where it belongs?

Sponsored Links
Punch the make and model number into Google and "parts" or "schematic" and you will find a breakdown of your mower.

Certainly don't recognise that one, but it looks like a mower part!
It looks like it's been off for a while....at a guess it's a rod guide / cable clamp or similar.
Do the blades brake to a stop when disengaged? There's so much vibration around the cutter deck area that it's here that things come loose.
John :)

there's nothing to give scale.

It appears to me two metal parts with a rubber vibration piece between them, such as is used for an exhaust hanger.

Sponsored Links
Intrigue!
It does look like a Briggs bit, JohnD......my scaling is around the hole which will probably be in the 6mm area.
Thought it could be a throttle cable clamp at first, but it's absence would be noticed!

Sorry, it's about 3 inch long. Not at home currently will see if it is of the exhaust later.

I did find a parts diagram for the Mountfield 1430 but couldn't spot it on there.

It has that Briggs look about it, and the one hole fixing means that it's fixed to a projection that stops it swivelling.
Check around the engine area - I've no idea what it is though, and certainly wouldn't worry too much!

Finally managed to enlarge this.....it does look like the centre piece is bonded in by rubber, doesn't it?
All the tractors I've seen have the engine directly bolted down, and the exhausts are bolted to the engine.
Still intrigued!

it might also be an exhaust-hanging bracket off a car. The rubber does not look solid enough for an engine mount.

Further developments...

I gave the mower a good jetwash then a quick test-mow. Then I found an identical part on the ground !

So, unless this is an extraordinary coincidence, I am sure this comes from the mower and they come in pairs.

I have emailed the pictures to mountfield uk to see if they can help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back