Identifying Mixer Shower Brand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to buy a replacement chrome shower hose for my shower mixer but I am not able to find the brand name. Can some one help me in identifying it please? Attached is the photograph of my mixer shower.

Thanks

View media item 37541

Sponsored Links
If it really is just the hose you need, they're pretty universal and you can pick one up at any DIY shed, Dyas, Wilkinsons etc. and even big supermarkets.

Worth paying a bit more for a decent ones, as the cheap ones are sometimes rather narrow and not very flexible.

You might need pliers etc. to unscrew the old one, but use only your fingers to attach the new one. Don't forget to install the new rubber washers that will come with the replacement hose.

If it really is just the hose you need, they're pretty universal and you can pick one up at any DIY shed, Dyas, Wilkinsons etc. and even big supermarkets.

You might need pliers etc. to unscrew the old one, but use only your fingers to attach the new one. Don't forget to install the new rubber washers that will come with the replacement hose.

I read somewhere in the forum that it is always best to retain the brand as the 'universal' hoses might not fit properly and might start leaking down the time! I visited my local B&Q last sunday but unformatunately they ran out of Chrome ones. Do you know of any superior quality brand that makes universal chrome hoses which are 1.5metres?

Does all new hoses come with the washers inbuilt or do I have to buy it separately? I am assuming that these washers are black in colour and are located at the ends of hose where we screw the new one?

Thanks

Does all new hoses come with the washers inbuilt or do I have to buy it separately? I am assuming that these washers are black in colour and are located at the ends of hose where we screw the new one?
All I've seen come with a pair of new washers, often strapped to the hose with an elastic band, sometimes in a bag, or sometimes in place, ready to go. Make sure the old ones have come off with the old hose and aren't stuck to the mixer or head.

Sorry, don't know of any good brands, but just use your common sense, you can judge the quality by feel usually. The really nasty ones are just silver plastic pretending to be metal. If it seems shoddy, take it back and buy something else.

A tenner should buy you a good one. If it's £1.99, you can expect it to be tat.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back