Identifying rubber gasket - integrated and how to replace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have these rubber gaskets on all my windows and doors produced by Selecta Systems.

They don’t seem to be gaskets you can remove and pull out.

The edge of the gaskets seems to be glued to the frame and integrated.

When I cut into it, it looks like this.

Any ideas if this can be replaced and what it is?

Tried my best on the photos. But imagine a piece of rubber in a semi circle with each end glued to the frame.. that’s how it seems.

Happy to cut a full piece out if needed but don’t want to hack away at the windows when I can’t seem to find this kind of gasket on the internet anywhere!

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1415.jpeg
    IMG_1415.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
There is a slot behind to allow for a clip in gasket should you need one, what's wrong with the original co-extruded one though

Screenshot_20230427_190545_OneDrive.jpg

Ah! Lovely stuff!

That’s a great diagram that’ll look at later in more detail but this makes sense.

It’s completely gone. I don’t know why. The windows on my lower floor let in such a draught. The road noise can be mistaken for having the window open at times. The gasket is quite flat in areas.Not sure why.

I’ve tighten the hinges previously for a better fit but it’s still leaky.

It’s gotten to a point that you have to wrap up if you sit by one of the windows during the colder months as the draught is ridiculous!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back