ie9 and links

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just trying ie9 again,i think it is faster than chrome....BUT when you go ebay and try to upload a picture with your listing nothing happens, it's the same when you press on a link, nothing. whats missing from ie9 that you get with firefox and chrome?...do i have to download a add on, and if so which one.

Sponsored Links
I have a copy if IE8 it has one job. Test my web page. I am told if it works with IE then likely it will work with the rest except for Apples thing about flash.

Reading the write ups Fire Fox has the best colour rending of the lot so for normal viewing Fire Fox every time. Don't care if it's slower colours are more important to me.

When every report seems to tell use how bad IE is why do people still use it?

To me the only other reason to use IE is that some administrator has failed to install a good browser. It does seem that schools and colleges must get back handers from Microsoft as I can see no other reason for using so many Microsoft products.

I found the problem with IE8. There was a character little squiggle which had some how ended in front of a line of code. Firefox, Iceweasel and Chrome ignored this however IE8 stalled at it.

So nothing wrong with IE8 I suppose not including the lines of code which say if you don't understand it then ignore it will make IE8 faster than the other.

Personally I would prefer a browser which has written into it code to cope with minor mistakes.

Clearly since I wrote the code in the page that stalled IE8 I could correct it. However it took me over a month to find what it was. With a third parties page not so easy.

Sponsored Links
Back