If an asteroid is on collision course with the earth.

I would be really worried if I lived in a famous tall building, such as, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Eiffel Tower, Pyramid of Cheops, BigBen etc.

Why?

'Cos, in all the scifi films depicting this event, these are the places that get 'kapowed' first

Glad I live in Norwich.

Nothing ever happens here.

DH

Sponsored Links
sooey said:
This is from wickipedia and according to this we're well overdue

Here's a hypothetical question: If you saw a roulette wheel come up red ten times in a row, would you say that a black was well overdue? :confused: :confused: :confused: Some would say that, by the law of averages, the next one really ought to be black - but that's not how it works.

The probability of a truly random event happening does not depend upon how long it's been since the last one. That would only be the case if some cyclic phenomenon was at work. Maybe there is and maybe there isn't. You'll have to ask an astronomer.

but it is cyclical, as things orbit and we whirl though our own orbit, every so often paths cross..
it may be that the previous times we've been in the right place at the right time that there was a bunch of asteroids there, but we've hit them all now so when we pass by that spot again there's nothing there..

there was a strike on the moon not so long ago, so there's still stuff out there, and I think it's 2027 that there's an asteroid going to pass between us and the moon

Sponsored Links
[quote="ColJack";p="there was a bunch of asteroids there,[/quote]

try Preparation H

Why bother posting something so useless and boring?

If there just happened to be a very large asteroid on a collision course with our planet, How many of us would find news about it " Useless and boring?"

Personally, I find the World Cup, Wimbledon etc "Useless and very Boring"
I bet there will be loads of posts on here in the next few weeks concerning these.
If the ass teroid is headed for africa - the rest of the world will hear the horn blowing as a warning :rolleyes:

Back