Giant asteroid heading close to Earth

Sponsored Links
Very good, well done....now, back to those conspiracy theories of yours. Is it really true that Micheal Jackson is alive and well, and working as a cocktail waitress down at your local gay bar?

You're getting me confused with someone else.

Now come on which one of the scousers are you, is it our barry, our gary or our terry, or even our cilla.

You're getting me confused with someone else.

That reply wasn't meant for you coleslaw, it was meant for the post before yours.

Harry enfield ...:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :evil:

Sponsored Links
thatbloke said:
And another d'head suggested a 600million mile long spaceship circling the sun might be an answer to our impending energy crisis.

I thought it was suggested as an answer to our ever-increasing population. :confused: :confused: :confused: Far from solving the energy crisis, it would take vast amounts of energy to build it. And there's still the gravity problem to deal with.

There is one way to realize the Ringworld concept. Instead of a flat strip, think ball race; multiple Earth-sized balls strung out in a circle. :idea: :idea: :idea: Each has its own gravity and also its own night and day. :cool: :cool: :cool:

How many such balls could we build from the combined mass of the gas giants? :?: :?: :?: I'll work that one out when I get a chance but I bet it's a lot. The only real problem would be how to keep them correctly spaced. Do we put stub axes on their poles and link them all together in a giant bearing cage? There's something for the mechanical engineers to think about. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I thought it was suggested as an answer to our ever-increasing population.

Nah, it was just suggested as a joke (smiley face) and a point of interest.
Which seems to have worked well and stimulated further discussion. The fella who put forward the idea was a guy called Freeman Dyson, he's still alive and is a theoretical physicist and mathematician. I think the idea is about utilising all of the available energy from a star and not letting most of it escape into space, perhaps he should stick to vacuum cleaners.

One passed the earth in march of this year, its more common than we think.

google 11/11/11 for conspiracy theories and other such stuff.
This one is due to ''approach'' the earth on the 8th.

Have you guys heard of asteroid Apophis, Its supposed to pass really to close to earth on 2029 and if its trajectory its not altered by gravity then it will impact earth on 2036.
Here is link to a video with good information on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBsyQ8Gli_Q&feature=youtu.be

Its good to be informed but I don't lose sleep thinking about it, the universe is a hostile place full of unknowns.

That'd make me 80 yrs old (if I live long enough to see a giant asteroid collide with the Earth). Ahh well, Doesn't look like I'll be getting to 81 then. ;) ;)

Have you guys heard of asteroid Apophis, Its supposed to pass really to close to earth on 2029 and if its trajectory its not altered by gravity then it will impact earth on 2036.
Here is link to a video with good information on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBsyQ8Gli_Q&feature=youtu.be

Its good to be informed but I don't lose sleep thinking about it, the universe is a hostile place full of unknowns.

If i'm going to go this will do nicely , out with a bang , a very big bang.

Sponsored Links
Back